Much to the dismay of my waistline, the past 7 days have provided me with plenty of lovely foodie treats. Here are the 7 best things I shoved in my gob last weekâ€¦
1. This was Ta Ta Rice Eatery’s first stint at Druid Street Market. Their ‘ricewich’ – a sandwich made of out rice and nori with a short rib, carrot and kimchi filling, was absolutely smashing.
2. Sticking to Druid Street Market, I loved the grilled Maldon rock oysters with cajun spiced butter and crystal hot sauce from Decatur. Get three for Â£6.50 and you’ll leave happy.
3. The chicken at recently opened Ma’ Plucker in Soho was rather lovely but the Cornflake and caramel sundae was worth the visit alone. Cornflake ice cream is my new favourite thing.
4. It really doesn’t get better than Eggs Arlington, with masses of smoked salmon drenched in velvety hollandaise, at The Delaunay. Last week’s visit reminded me how fabulous that place is.
5. Beef tongue bagel with French mustard at the Brass Rail in Selfridges. It’s recently had an overhaul and if tongue’s your thing, you should pop in for a quick nibble.
6. Lurra has opened opposite its sister restaurant, Donostia in Seymour Place, and it’s a stunning spot. The Galician beef is not to be missed – I’ve never tasted meat like it.
7. I was treated to a tour onboard the Royal Princess whilst it was docked in Southampton. The ship is stunning and this chunky rack of lamb hit my meaty spot perfectly.
What was the best thing you ate last week? Let me know @samphiresalsify, or comment below.