1. Chutney Mary on St James’s have just started serving breakfast and what better way to start the day than with a simple plate of buttery mushrooms on toast? The bread is homemade too. I washed it down with a fresh coconut water.
2. Little Bao came over from Hong Kong and did a week long pop up in Soho Kitchen and Bar. This green tea ice cream sandwiched between a deep fried bao and drizzled with condensed milk was as naughty as it sounds.
3. A plate of chops at Blacklock. It’s no secret I ruddy love this place. Gnawing the lamb chops (and beef when they’ve got ’em) to the bone has become my favourite past time.
4. Oysters at L’EscargotÂ accompanied with a refreshing glass of Chablis. A lunch put on especially for members of the Club PrivÃ© certainly cheered up a dreary Wednesday.
5. Deep fried quail’s egg with veal mince at the new Modern Pantry opening do. Just a canapÃ© but blimey, the flavour of that mouthful was HUGE. Their new spot in Finsbury Square is quite something.
6. Salt and vinegar pork scratchings by the Snaffling Pig co. If you’re a lover of deep fried pig skin then these really are the best you’ll find. The maple flavour is cracking too.
7. A banana after completing the Commando Series assault course at Hever Castle, Kent. It was totallyÂ exhausting but super fun. If you think you’re tough enough it’s going to be back in November and you really should give it a go.
What was the best thing you ate last week? Let me know @samphiresalsify, or comment below