1. A plate of cheese from Fortnum & Mason whilst at the CODE Industry Drinks night put on for those who work in hospitality. They did a bloody good spread that’s for sure. The next one is on 9th Nov FYI, location TBC.
2. Beef dripping candle at restaurant Story near Tower Bridge. They light the candle, the wax melts, then you dip your bread into the melted dripping. Very clever and very tasty.
3. Smoky spiced quail at Viet Food on Wardour Street, Soho. It may have only just opened but the place was packed and it’s easy to see why.
4. Grouse with blackberries and Brussel tops at D&D’s Le Pont de la Tour. After their refurb the dining room is a charming place to while away a couple of hours.
5. This shrimp crusted pig’s tail, which was far less scary than it sounds. Black Axe Mangal has opened on Highbury Corner and if you like big, messy Turkish food, with a nod towards nose-to-tail cooking, then you’re gonna love it.
6. A squid ink bagel filled with beef brisket, gochujang braised pak choi, pickled cucumber and kewpie mayo. Little Ghost Bagels will be at Maltby Street Market for the next 6 weeks and it’s worth checking out their signature black bagels.
7. Burrata starter at Giorgio Locatelli’s new restaurant, Pizza Locadeli, in Islington. The pizza suffered a soggy bottom but this burrata with hazelnuts and rocket was bangin’.
What was the best thing you ate last week? We always want to know what’s good so let us know by commenting below or tweeting @samphiresalsify