1. Fry up at Babington House while celebrating my parents’ 40th wedding anniversary. Soho House & Co have got it just right at this country house in Somerset; it’s the height of luxury and a perfect getaway.
2. Fish tacos at recently-opened DF/Mexico (from the team behind Wahaca) on Tottenham Court Road. Loads of colour, loads of flavour and loads of fun.
3. Slice of lemon drizzle cake from M&S at our monthly ‘Contact the Elderly’ tea party. It’s a charity that helps elderly people combat loneliness by throwing monthly tea parties – which are thoroughly good fun. Click here to volunteer.
4. The Major Oak burger at Shake Shack, Covent Garden. Michelin starred chef Sat Bains from Nottingham created this guest burger, which was topped with blue cheese, Penny Bun mushroom ketchup, red oak smoked mayo and a touch of pine. Very nice indeed.
5. Cookies at Druid Street Market. Fatties Bakery has a stall there every Saturday and her baked sweet treats are to die for. I munched my way through 5 of these slightly chewy, treacly cookies.
6. Sunday Feast at Hubbard & Bell in the Hoxton Holborn Hotel. I love a good all you can eat buffet and £30 here gets you masses of great quality stuff. Rib of beef, stuffed porchetta, smoked salmon, crab and avocado, waffles, pancakes; we scoffed the lot.
7. Apple pie with cream and ice cream at Chicken Shop, also in the Hoxton Holborn. Their rotisserie chicken is great, but it’s worth going for the apple pie alone, the pastry will make you swoon.
What was the best thing you ate last week? We always want to know what’s good so let us know by commenting below or tweeting @samphiresalsify