1. Not the most attractive snack ever made but my gentleman companion treated me to a Lorraine Pascale recipe using shop-bought pastry and Peperami – she’s called them Sausage Rolls Big Night Out. Moreish is the word.
3. To the annual Christmas lunch hosted by Brian Clivaz at Lâ€™Escargot. Foie gras terrine to start and a tarte tatin to finish were both exceptional but the giant plater of goose, with pigs in blankets, won me over.
4. French onion soup at Brasserie ZÃ©del. Simple but perfect dishes like this remind me why I love this place so much. Never disappoints.
5. Sexy Fish in Berkeley square for a Christmas eve lunch. This four chocolate fondant, with the gooiest of centres, was certainly sexy alright.
6. What do you have for breakfast on Christmas day? Croissants with Ampersandâ€™s cultured butter thatâ€™s what. If you havenâ€™t tried Grant Harringtonâ€™s butter (you can buy it from him at Druid Street Market on Saturdays) then you need to change that.
7. Either my family are a bunch of terrible cooks, or turkey is dry and minging (both are in fact true), so Christmas day lunch was this giant rib of beef. Lovely stuff.
Did you eat anything lovely last week? Let us know by commenting below!