1. After a bit of post Christmas shopping in Covent Garden, it only seemed sensible to stop off for a burger and chocolate milkshake at Shake Shack. The place is just as busy as when it opened.
2. Tonkotsu Bankside do a rather good chicken karaage burger with homemade chips at lunchtimes. So that’s made ordering even harder now.
3. I couldn’t resist returning to recently opened Bellanger in Islington; it’s the sort of menu that makes you want to go back to try different things. This beastly pork t-bone, cooked medium rare, is lush.
4. Sticking with the Corbin & King theme, we popped into Brasserie Zedel for a quick steak hache et frites. In such a grand dining room, with a live band serenading you, for £9.50 you really can’t beat it.
5. Sambal Shiok is serving up her fiery laksas at Salvation in Noodles, Finsbury Park every night until 17 January. This kari laksa udang (easily the spiciest/most addictive thing I’ve ever eaten), complete with juicy prawns bobbing about, was the bomb.
6. If wings are your thing, you might struggle finding better than these buffalo wings at MEATmarket, slathered in house-made buffalo hot pepper sauce. I could, and do, eat hundreds of the things.
7. A rare visit to my own kitchen to make a Sunday roast. The addition of my flatmate’s broccoli and cauliflower cheese was one most welcome.
Did you eat anything lovely last week? Let us know by commenting below!