1. There’s a new Dip & Flip in Tooting and it serves things like this: a cheeseburger topped with slices of roast beef dunked in gravy. Sound good? It tastes it.
2. Shackfuyu in Soho has had a refurb and it’s a dashing space now. We finished a lunch of korean fried wings and sticky fatty lamb ribs with this wonderful kinako French toast and green tea soft serve ice cream.
3. On Sundays, Chick ‘n’ Sours in Dalston has started serving a whole deep fried chicken. A WHOLE DEEP FRIED CHICKEN. That is all.
4. This is a black forest ice cream macaroon sandwich and I thoroughly suggest you get one from Yolkin’s weekly Saturday pop up at Whaam Banh Mi in Soho.
5. The Ivy Kensington Brasserie is now open and until Valentine’s Day, they’re serving a rather splendid “Butterfly Kisses” afternoon tea served with a glass of Perrier-JouÃ«t. This was the lavender and almond macaroon.
6. Shuang Shuang is a new DIY hotpot restaurant in Chinatown and it’s brilliant. We started with these pig’s ears with xinjang spice; so good they give Duck and Waffle a run for its money.
7. To a wine tasting at the stunning William Kent Room at The Ritz. Head sommelier Giovanni Ferlito chose some right little beauties and these salmon cone canapÃ©s helped soak it all up.