1. To lunch at Peruvian charmer Andina in Shoreditch, where we ate dishes from the ‘Replenish Menu’. Panca chilli marinated chicken breast with quinoa, carab, pecans and coriander sauce showed post-workout food doesn’t have to be boring.
2. A night of cocktails at Oblix in the Shard. There were whacky creations, including a flashing ‘Kiss the Rainbow’ (see it here), but this American Beauty, with Tanqueray Ten, rose, lychee and Champagne, with some padron peppers was just the ticket.
3. A Tonkotsu at Tonkotsu really is becoming an addiction – but a marvellous one at that. Drown it in their Eat the Bits chilli oil (they sell it too) and you’ll be in sweaty heaven.
4. The Palm Court at the Langham Hotel doesn’t just serve afternoon tea y’know. This was a wagyu bolognaise from their dinner menu. With a mound of parmesan for an extra January health kick.
5. Sticky, fatty pork ribs at Hawksmoor Spitalfields. We went for a roast, which was cracking FYI, but these to begin with kicked things off with a bang.
6. A Snickers ice cream macaroon sandwich? This was never going to be bad. Yolkin is popping up every Saturday and Sunday at Wham Banh Mi in Soho. Go.
7. Hélène Darroze never fails to throw a bangin’ soirée at The Connaught for the Galette des Rois. Just look at the shine on that pastry.
Did you eat anything lovely last week? Let us know by commenting below…