1. To lunch at the new Flat Iron in Covent Garden. Steak for a tenner? You can’t beat it really – and the chips are proper lovely too.
2. Alan Yau’s Mayfair beauty, Park Chinois, now serves dim sum at lunch. From a collection of crackers, with a string quintet playing in the background, these wagyu beef puffs (that pastry is just amaze balls) were the best.
3. Bermondsey Yard CafÃ© is Bermondsey Street’s latest addition and it’s based in a former car park. This plate of buttermilk fried chicken with avocado and rocket showed simple grub done well can’t be beaten.
4. I do love Sketch in Mayfair but I’ve never sat in The Parlour room. It’s cute and quirky and the pastries, like this choux donut filled with a pistachio cream, are stunning.
5. Tokimeite is a new high end Japanese restaurant in Mayfair. This was a plate of thinly sliced wagyu sumiyaki rump steak, from the Â£55 set menu, which was quite simply astounding.
6. Galley is Islington’s latest restaurant opening. Sitting at the counter overlooking the open kitchen is super fun. Crispy Cornish squid (fried squid is a MUST order wherever I go) was up there as the best I’ve tried.
7. It’s not just the Sunday roasts at Hawksmoor that are worth singing and dancing about, this starter of potted beef and bacon with Yorkshires and onion gravy is worth going for on any day of the week.
Have you eaten anything worth shouting about? Then let us know by commenting belowâ€¦