1. I don’t know what took me so long to try Dishoom‘s breakfast as it’s ruddy lovely. This bacon and egg naan, with its crispy Ginger Pig streaky bacon and safron runny yolk, got things off to a good start.
2. Linda Lee’s renovated Koba in Fitzrovia is a cracking space with grills at the table and pull down extractor fans that look like they’re from a space ship. Prawns, spicy pork belly, beef spare rib; we scoffed the lot.
3. Kricket in Brixton; an Indian small plate restaurant in a shipping container that is bloody brilliant. This fried chicken, with its exquisite spicing, was unlike any fried chicken I’ve encountered before.
4. All the food at Noble Rot, the wine bar and restaurant on Lamb’s Conduit Street, is consistently good. We shared the pistachio cake, served warm, which was comfort food indeed.
5. A burger with pineapple bacon jam? Sounds weird but it really works as proved by the new menu at Egg Break in Notting Hill.
6. My mate’s Mum has started making cakes and they’re really rather good – have a look at her Facebook page. These were some wedding cupcakes that I ensured went to a good home.
7. Pharmacy 2 is the new restaurant by Mark Hix in Damien Hirst’s new gallery in Vauxhall. We sat at the bar surrounded by pills and syringes and tucked into this glorious lamb pie with THE best pastry.
Have you eaten anything worth shouting about? Then let us know by commenting below…