1. The breakfast of champions: a bacon naan and house chai from Dishoom. Sitting on the veranda at their Shoreditch spot is pretty sweet too.
2. New Absurd Bird in Shoreditch serves the most gargantuan chickens I have ever seen. Just make sure you save room for The Dipsy – a tear and share brioche pudding, doused in sugar syrup and served with caramel, custard and chocolate sauce.
3. A recent trip to Bar Boulud in Knightsbridge was a reminder just how good their burgers really are. This, the Piggie, was a beef patty topped with pulled pork and jalapeño mayo sandwiched between a cheddar bun. It’s a must.
4. Som Saa has finally opened its own standalone restaurant near Spitalfields and it’s a real corker. The deep fried whole seabass, with its handsome face, has become a signature dish of theirs and once you’ve tried it, you won’t need to ask why. This place is gonna be a hit.
5. A trip to Cornwall to escape the fumes of London for a few days. We stopped by Driftwood, a Michelin starred restaurant and hotel, for a spot of coffee and cake. Never before has a lemon drizzle tasted so darn wonderful.
6. To Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen in Watergate Bay. The views from this beachfront front restaurant are pretty spectacular. So was this Amedei flourless chocolate cake served with salted caramel.
7. No trip to Cornwall is complete without a battered scallop from Rick Stein in Padstow’s car park. Crisp batter and bouncy scallop make for a truly perfect mouthful.
What did you eat in the last 7 days? Let us know by commenting below.
Have you signed up to our newsletter The Fortnightly? No? Whyever not?! Do so here.