1. I love a scotch egg me and the prawn and chorizo scotch egg at recently opened Bronte is a fine example of one. The restaurant, designed by Tom Dixon, is a real stunner.
2. These bacon stuffed jalapeños at Texas Joe’s, the first restaurant from jerky extraordinaire and Dragons’ Den participant Joe Walters. BBQ food just round the corner from Bermondsey Street – you can’t go wrong.
3. To lunch at Galvin Bistro de Luxe hosted by the Galvin Brothers. We tucked into Cornish mackerel tartare, 40 day aged USDA beef and the mother of all cheeseboards. This simple plate of Saucisson and melon was a wondrous thing.
4. It was my mate Will’s stag do in Brighton and what better place to soak up all those VK Blues than at MEATliquor. The deep fried mac and cheese and my Dirty Chicken Cheeseburger was just the ticket.
5. The Royal China on Baker Street was packed to the rafters on our Monday lunch visit filled with people tucking into endless dim sum. Stuffed with pork, prawn and beef, this cheung fun was worth ordering twice.
6. We might not have been able to bag a table in the garden at the Ivy Chelsea Garden (it’s worth seeing) but this side of zucchini fries certainly consoled us somewhat.
7. After your meal at Bellamy’s in Mayfair (that’s the restaurant the Queen visited for dinner recently) you get a little dish of Minstrels. Cute.
What did you eat last week that tasted goooood? Tell us by commenting below…