1. Lunch at Aqua Shard where the kitchen is now being headed up by Dale Osborne. The weather may have been crap but the food certainly wasn’t. In particular, this Blythburgh pork belly and roasted fillet with baby turnips and crackling.
2. The sun came out for the Soho Food Feast, now in its 6th year, which raises money for the Soho Parish primary school. Some cracking restaurants took part selling dishes for just £2. Brasserie Zèdel’s chocolate eclair was my favourite sweet treat.
3. I was lucky enough to grab a sneak peak at the recently refurbed and very sexy Blue Bar at The Berkeley. These mini burgers and breaded prawns helped soak up the extravagant cocktails perfectly.
4. At a party to launch Meatopia, which will be at the Tobacco Docks from 2-4 September, chef Andrew Clarke served duck shawarmas that were worthy of the sticky fingers.
5. The Guinea Grill is an old school pub in Mayfair with an even older school dining room out the back which specialises in Scotch beef. A giant bone in sirloin was, by far, the best bit of meat I’ve ever had.
6. The Galvin Brothers have taken over the food at The Athenaeum hotel on Piccadilly which has undergone quite the transformation. The relaxed dining room is open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. This smoked salmon with caviar was the perfect start.
7. Bone Daddies have opened a new one in Old Street and the kushikatsu (Japanese deep fried skewers) are properly addictive. We had a plate of iberico pork, cheesy potato, prawn, scallop and chilli chicken.
What did you eat last week that tasted goooood? Tell us by commenting below…