1. To three Michelin starred Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester where we were treated to a masterclass in how to make the perfect rum baba – which is a lot harder than I could ever have imagined. Masterclasses will be held on 17 September and 1 October and you can book by emailing AlainDucasseReservations@AlainDucasse-Dorchester.com
2. Xavier Rousset (the chap who created Texture and 28-50) has opened Blandford Comptoir in Marylebone and it’s rather good. This is the raw cannon of lamb – order it.
3. A sunny day meant sitting outside at 100 Islington – the perfect spot for some people watching. This chilli chocolate ganache was the perfect blend between sweet and spicy.
4. Patty & Bun has opened a new one on Redchurch Street in Shoreditch. Their burgers are the same old brilliant bundles of mess but this bacon chop, with the most delicious fat you’ll ever encounter, makes this one worth stopping off at.
5. The best fun I’ve had in ages? A day out at #GloriousGoodwood where Bentley’s hosted a picnic right by the finish line. It might have poured with rain but after 12 gin and tonics and these divine dressed crabs it really didn’t matter.
6. The Tame Hare in Leamington Spa, a new restaurant from young chef and owner Jonny Mills, is serving food unlike anything else you’ll find in the area. This single muscle beef rump, served medium rare, made the two hour drive from London every bit worth it.
7. A simple plate of pollock, potatoes and seaweed at Paradise Garage in Bethnal Green proved that simplicity is sometimes the best.
What did you eat last week that tasted goooood? Tell us by commenting belowâ€¦