1. The old Pitt Cue Co in Soho has turned into Little Pitt and it’s very good. This pork crackling was just the ticket.
2. To The Colony Grill Room at The Beaumont for my gentleman companion’s birthday. It was a feast of grilled cheese sandwiches, popcorn chicken and Bananas Foster (flambÃ©ed table side) but it was this Aberdeen Angus 21oz t-bone that stole the show.
3. After a recent trip to Northern Ireland where I saw the meat hanging in Peter Hannan’s Himalayan salt chamber, I couldn’t resist buying one of his giant rib eyes from Fortnum and Mason. If you like your beef, you really should treat yourself.
4. Anna Mae’s cook book is the one for you if you like mac n cheese. We made The Don drizzled with pesto and topped with crispy bacon. Woof!
5. Last week saw #NationalBurgerDay take London by storm and Islington favourite Oldroyd made this pork patty with romesco sauce to celebrate with a side of their courgette fries.
6. Adam Handling’s first standalone restaurant The Frog is serving some seriously pretty food, so much so I wasn’t sure whether to hang this lamb rump on the wall or eat it.
7. The Big Feastival this year was absolutely cracking. Held on Alex James’ farm and hosted by Jamie Oliver, we tucked into street food from Le Bun, Oli Baba, Smokestack and Bad Brownie.