1. My mate Will got married to the lovely Becky last Saturday and instead of the traditional wedding meal, we tucked into afternoon tea while sipping cans of Budweiser. My ideal wedding really.
2. Padella Pasta in Borough Market keeps getting better and better. To celebrate grouse season we ordered the pappardelle with grouse ragu. Lush.
3. Not long ’til the new Chick ‘n’ Sours opens in Seven Dials and to celebrate they threw a shindig behind a car park in Soho. These were the chicken tenders – a reminder just how fab their fried chicken really is.
4. Bentley’s restaurant is an iconic London seafood restaurant and to celebrate its 100th birthday, Richard Corrigan threw the party of all parties. A plate of native oysters seemed a fitting way to soak up the Guinness.
5. Mayfair pub The Guinea Grill may be known for its steaks but the lamb chops make it worthy of a visit too. With veg, gravy and loads of mint sauce you can’t go wrong.
6. New Turkish restaurant Yosma in Marylebone is now open and it just received a glowing review from Fay Maschler. At their launch do we wolfed down lamb chops from the Josper grill and these little spinach filo rolls.
7. There’s a new Basque steakhouse in Shoreditch and it goes by the name of Sagardi. This beef from a 19 year old cow was the finest meat I’ve ever encountered. Simple sides of tomatoes and lettuce are also must orders.