1. A chicken tikka on a fake planeÂ at the Virgin Atlantic training centre. We went for a little day trip to see how it all works – fascinating place.
2. This 20 ingredient British salad at Aqua Shard, where Ben Spalding really has transformed the menu. Whether you think it looks like a car crash or a piece of art, eating this was certainly an experience.
3. Pressed suckling pig, prunes and black pudding at recently opened Piquet, new Fitzrovia restaurant from ex head chef at Plateau. This was a proper big boy’s starter and it tasted magnificent.
4. The duck press at Otto’s on Grays Inn Road. The whole experience is a memorable one, but the flavour of the sauce with the duck, made using the blood from the crushed carcass, will stay with me for the rest of my life.
5. A cigar box full of delicious deep fried treatsÂ at Asia de Cuba. They’ve started offering a bottomless champagne brunch for Â£70. It’s worth going just for the shrimp churros.
6. Chicken wings. BIRD have opened a second chicken shop, in Islington this time, and they really have mastered the art of perfect buffalo wings with blue cheese dip.
7. From the specials board, a whole plaice with brown shrimp and tarragon butter at Oldroyd in Islington. God I love that place, the food is totally dreamy.
What was the best thing you ate last week? Comment below or tell me on Twitter @samphiresalsify