1. Iâ€™d never been to Boisdale at Canary Wharf before and the ‘Celebrity Cigar Smoker of the Year Awards 2015’ seemed like a good reason to go. This was the main course; roast dry aged fillet of Aberdeenshire Angus beef and raviolo of Claret braised oxtail. Phwooaarr.
2. The masters of doughnuts, Crosstown, have launched a rather special special, covered in a Jura whisky glaze and filled with whisky cream. My gentleman companion ate three of the things, they were that good.
3. This 20 inch pizza at the new Homeslice in Old Street; they really know how to make a decent (and giant) pizza, do those guys. If itâ€™s on, get the goat shoulder, savoy cabbage and sumac yoghurt – itâ€™s like a pimped up doner kebab.
4. Ceylonese spit chicken at Hoppers in Soho. All the food here is good but this whole chicken was a spicy, salty, juicy masterpiece. Get that along with a side of bone marrow veruval, with an insanely good roti, and youâ€™ll leave sweaty, plump and content.
5. Chicken Katsu curry at Tonkotsu Bankside. Iâ€™ve mentioned this before and Iâ€™ll mention it again. Only available on Tuesdays, itâ€™s cheap, cheerful and the best chicken katsu curry youâ€™re likely to find.
6. I was very kindly sent a box of Christmassy sweet treats from Ottolenghi which kicked off my festive spirit no end. The chewy nougat, jam packed full of nuts, was out of this world.
7. The Cheese Truck can be found at Maltby Street Market every weekend and if youâ€™re suffering from a mild hangover, which occasionally I am, their queso chihuahua (that’s cheese not dog), chorizo and rocket toastie is just the sausage.