1. Tis the season to get hampers. Last week it was Ottolenghi, this week it’s some lovely little treats from The Modern Pantry. Pickled watermelon rind in particular was most peculiar but delightful.
2. To the Newman Arms for Clerkenwell Boy’s birthday bash. Three giant pies were served with some top notch pastry, but it was this roast beef with the crispest roasties EVER that really tickled my bulging pickle. Golly that kitchen can cook.
3. Fera at Claridge’s are opening a new development kitchen/private dining experience in a kitchen within the kitchen (called Aulis) and it’s a whopper of an experience. It’s a never ending tasting menu of outstanding dishes; a highlight being this halibut topped with gingerbread.
4. Corbin and King (Wolseley, Delaunay, Zédel) have opened Bellanger in Islington and if you’re into your tartes flambées (both sweet and savoury) then you need to go. This thin, crispy flatbread topped with melted chocolate and banana ensured my return visit immediately. It’s a stunning restaurant too.
5. A day trip to Paris and lunch at one of Alain Ducasses’s many restaurants, Benoit. Traditional Parisian fayre with a decent set lunch menu and the best bread and butter you’ll find – what’s not to like? This steak tartare was a belter.
6. Prawn dumplings at the new House of Ho flagship restaurant on Percy Street. I love a dumpling me. It’s a unique space, much like eating in someone’s house.
7. I’m ramen obsessed at the moment and finding myself in High Street Kensington I thought it rude not to pop into Bone Daddies outpost in Whole Foods. A hearty bowl of ramen, with an added kick of plenty of their fiery chilli oil and I was a good’en.
Did you eat anything lovely last week? Let us know by commenting below!