1. Farmed and wild smoked salmon and smoked eel at Wiltons, Jermyn Street. We took part in the St James’s Food SafariÂ which stopped off at various restaurants in the area. To see this old classic, which has been going since 1742, was a real treat.
2. Chicken wings (deboned of course) at Chutney Mary, also on the tour. On a nippy Tuesday the place was packed to the rafters but a seat in the glamorous bar with these chicken wings was the perfect pit stop.
3.Â Chocolate tofu mousse at London’s hottest restaurant right now, Sexy Fish. All the food at this new Berkeley Square beauty from Richard Caring is spot on but this dessert really was a thing of pure beauty.
4. We ate a lot at the new Dirty Bones in Kingly Court but this flank steak with a tangy peppery sauce was mega lush. This is their second site and if it’s anything to go by, I hope we’ll be seeing a lot more of them popping up.
5. If burgers are your thang, the new MEATliquor on Islington’s Upper Street is a must visit; it’s their best looking yet. A tray of burgers, a garbage plate, onion rings as big as your head and monkey fingers soaked up all the alcohol perfectly.
6. Dinner with chefs has its perks, as a meal at Beagle in Shoreditch proved. Using the CODE App, which gives those working in hospitality some cracking deals in restaurants, we got 50% off food. These venison chops, accompanied with a sweet redcurrant jelly, were worthy of a full price tag however.
7. Blood sausage gnudi at Canto Corvino. It has just opened and it’s lovely; I can see why Grace Dent gave it a favourable review in the ES magazine. I love a bit of blood sausage, and this even came with thin shards of crisp black pudding for extra richness.
Did you eat anything nice last week? Let us know @samphiresalsify or comment below.