1. Bacon and egg sarnie from Frank’s Cafe, Southwark Street. This is the manliest place on earth and it scares me a little, but my God, they do a cracking bacon and egg sandwich. With masses of ketchup, obviously.
2. Oysters at Savoy Grill. Haven’t been to this Gordon Ramsay restaurant for ages but a recent lunch reminded me just how brilliant it is. These rock oysters were bloomin’ mahoosive.
3. White chocolate cheesecake at Blacklock. We love Blacklock, don’t know if we mentioned that? After a giant plate of chops this is just what you need and it’s absolutely delicious.
4. Confit leek, Taleggio and celery pizzetta at Bernadi’s in Marylebone. Head chef Sabrina Gidda convinced me that celery pizza is my new favourite thing. Lovely restaurant too.
5. Sourdough bread from restaurant inside Bonhams auction house. It was so insanely good it equalled that from Hedone in Chiswick – which makes sense seeing as head chef Tom Kemble used to work there.
6. The Great British Menu winning dish ‘fish and chips’ at The Man Behind the Curtain in Leeds. Chef and owner Michael O’Hare has created one of the UK’s most exciting restaurants and a visit is highly recommended.
7. Margarita pizza at the new Franco Manca on Bermondsey Street. Service was a bit all over the place as it was totally rammed but the pizza was gurt lush.
Did you eat anything nice last week? Let us know @samphiresalsify or comment below.