1. BrÃ¶tchen at Fischer’s to celebrate National Austria Day. Austrian flags hung from the rafters, staff wore Lederhosen and a chap with a moustache walked around singing and playing the guitar – it was all A LOT of fun.
2. Katsu Curry Tuesday is ‘a thing’ at Tonkotsu Bankside and it’s a marvellous one at that. Masses of sauce, sticky rice and juicy chicken in a crisp breadcrumb coating; all for Â£6.95. A perfect lunch.
3. This mini ice cream sundae. We went for a behind-the-scenes look at the production warehouse for Gate Gourmet, who provide 50% of the food for Delta airlines. Last year, they served 2.8 million of these on their flights worldwide.
4. Crayfish and lamb sweetbread vol au vent at Les 110 de Talivent in Cavendish Square. This is a new French restaurant that offers 110 wines by the glass. This giant vol au vent was as divine as it sounds.
5. Eggs Royale and a flat white at a preview of the new Ivy Cafe in Marylebone. It’s open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and it’s a real looker of a place, which I don’t doubt will do marvellously.
6. Blacklock has started serving Sunday roasts and they’re bloomin’ massive. And delicious. Thick slices of Longhorn beef fore-rib, Middlewhite pork loin and Cornish lamb leg with giant Yorkshire puddings, crisp roasties and rich gravy hit the Sunday spot big time.
7. Siberian sturgeon caviar at 45 Jermyn Street – the new restaurant at Fortnum & Mason. It was served with scrambled eggs cooked table-side, sour cream and roasted new potatoes. For Â£20 it wasn’t cheap, but it was a combination most delightful.
What was the best thing you ate last week Do let us know by commenting below…