1. We were treated to an evening of wine tasting at Albion Bankside. To soak up all the plonk (very good plonk at that) this gigantic chicken and ham hock pie was just the sausage.
2. Notting Hill peeps have become very lucky with the addition of a Tonkotsu. These prawn katsu, dunked in their fiery Eat the Bits chilli oil, proved why Tonkotsu is one of the best.
3. After a recent meal at Koba we thought we’d try chef and restaurateur Linda Lee’s more casual Korean spot, On the Bab in the Covent Garden. These prawn buns were light and soft and full of flavour.
4. Fish! in Borough Market has had a refurb. A lunch of Dorset rock oysters, calamari and this lobster and chips shows that even after 17 years, they’re still doing their thang very well indeed.
6. To breakfast at Berners Tavern in the Edition hotel for my Dad’s birthday. We tucked into avocado on toast, pancakes with chocolate sauce and this plate of freshly baked pastries.
7. Afternoon tea at The Dorchester to celebrate Mother’s Day. It wasn’t a wholly perfect experience (review to follow) but these sandwiches, of which we ate thousands, were so very good.
Have you eaten anything worth shouting about? Then let us know by commenting belowâ€¦