1. To a specially hosted lunch at Zelman Meats showcasing the very best of Nebraskan USDA beef. This corn fed meat (sirloin and picanha) was sweet with fat like nothing else.
2. When the best thing you eat last week is a chicken carcass then you know it’s got to be a pretty darn tasty chicken carcuss. It’s from Chinese Laundry in Islington and you really should go.
3. Yes, the chops at Soho-favourite Blacklock are worth standing on your chair and singing the National Anthem for but they’ve mastered their beef dripping chips too. Just look at them.
4. A stay at The Scarlet hotel in Cornwall was relaxing indeed, from the sea views in the room to the cliff top hot tubs. Dinner in their restaurant showcased local and seasonal dishes like this veal sweetbreads with peas and asparagus.
5. Paul Ainsworth in nearby Padstow has opened a 6 bedroom Townhouse and the word exquisite would be an understatement. We spent a night there and had dinner at his Michelin starred restaurant No.6 where we ate crisp Porthilly oysters, Cornish turbot and this magnificent trifle.
6. Prawn on the Lawn have two restaurants, one in Islington and one in Padstow. At the latter, we fell in love with the owners, Rick and Katie, and this crab stuffed courgette flower with curry sauce.
7. Casamia in Bristol has a new home and things have really gone up a gear. From our 10 course tasting menu, the breakfast egg, which had the comfort factor of a fry up, was a real highlight.
Join the conversation. Let us know what delicious things you ate last week by commenting below…