1. The guys behind Hotbox have opened their second Chuck Burger, this time on Commercial Street in Spitalfields. This plate of wings, fries, bacon n cheese burger and mac & cheese balls was superb. It’s a cool space too – make sure you check out the loos.
2. Another sequel here; Rök have opened a second one in Islington and it’s a real charmer. This scallop served in the shell surrounded with molten, bubbling nduja and seaweed is one not to be missed.
3. To a packed Brasserie Zédel where diners were celebrating Bastille Day by wearing berets and breton shirts in return for a free supper. This is the poulet fermier rôti et sa garniture. Tres magnifique!
4. Finally some good weather ☀️ and where better to enjoy it than canal-side on the terrace at Rotunda. Owner John Nugent threw a Summer bash which saw lamb burgers, freshly baked quiches and these iced lollies.
5. Sushi and Robata by Genji has opened on the top floor of Whole Foods Kensington and this ‘Triple Heaven’ (that’s nori sandwich with crab, scallops, prawns and a spicy mayo) is why you should go. Especially on a hangover – it’s the perfect cure.
6. BEHOLD THE CRONE – a croissant cone filled with chocolate ice cream and sprinkled with coconut. You can find it at the Dum Dum Doughnutterie at Box Park. They also do a mean cronut which is baked not fried, so it’s healthy right?
7. There’s a new initiative from Contact the Elderly called Spare Chair Sunday where, if you have the space, you invite an elderly person round for a Sunday lunch. Our host, the lovely Jen, cooked the juiciest of roast chickens while Liz told us stories of what it was like being a dancer back in the good old days. If you’d like to get involved visit the Contact the Elderly website.
What did you eat last week that tasted goooood? Tell us by commenting below…