1. A new Dirty Bones has opened in Shoreditch (where Les Trois Garçons used to be) and it’s a real looker. For Sunday brunch we wolfed down this crumpet topped with beef short rib and hollandaise sauce.
2. Bermondsey Street festival was as lively as ever this year. Many a tinny was consumed and a pork bap with the crackliest of crackling from Village East was just what we needed.
3. These beef ribs from Little Pitt in Soho. Drenched in a sweet, sticky caramel sauce. Every meat lover’s dream.
4. If Dinner with the Twits sounds up your street then head to the Vaults below Waterloo station. Les Enfants Terribles theatre company have teamed up with Jelly Mongers Bompas and Parr for an immersive theatre/dining experience which is not to be missed. This game bird pie is the main event.
5. Speaking of pies, the best one I’ve ever eaten EVER was at a game evening hosted by the Guinea Grill to celebrate their new game and wine pairing masterclasses. The pastry, the soft chunks of meat, the sweet gravy – perfection.
6. Smokey knots of burrata at recently opened Mercato Metropolitano. It’s a new food and booze market opened between Borough and Elephant and Castle. Reckon it will be lots of fun.
7. The longest cheese board ever at a Meet the Maker evening at Buchanans cheesemonger just off the Edgware Road. Phil Howard prepared steak tartare and we met Stephen Fletcher, the man who makes Berkswell cheese. Check out their website for future events.